Princeton Satellite Systems, Inc. is a small company specializing in advanced aerospace and energy technology. Our agility and focus on software development enables us to rapidly develop innovative solutions to a wide range of exacting control problems. Our commercial software products enable our customers to pursue the same types of demanding, state-of-the-art applications.
Our core values include a dedication to learning and an emphasis on innovation. We believe that each employee can grow intellectually, learn new disciplines, and contribute original ideas to our business areas.
Our satellite control and simulation experience dates back over 20 years and includes the complete flight control software for a GEO communications satellite. Additional flight programs and consulting projects in spacecraft guidance, navigation and control include:
- GPS IIR control system design
- TDRS moment management system
- PRISMA safe orbit guidance mode
- Passive magnetic control for 3U gravity gradient CubeSat
- Precision pointing for 6U 3-axis stabilized CubeSat
Our software development expertise encompasses real-time control systems but also iPhone apps, web services, Unix and Mac application development, and general MATLAB programming. Our core products and competencies include:
- MATLAB toolboxes for aerospace and general computing
- VisualCommander data acquisition and visualization app
- MatrixLib C++ implementation of 1D and 2D matrices
- C++ simulation and control frameworks
- iPhone apps
- Web services
PSS Energy Systems encompasses both terrestrial and space energy production applications, including home solar/battery backup systems and fusion power and propulsion. We participated in DARPA’s first 100 year StarShip Symposium with our design for a fusion-powered rocket engine, which utilizes a unique direct drive fusion configuration that we have licensed from the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab.